Jarrow Metro station is a station on the Tyne and Wear Metro, in the centre of the town of Jarrow in South Tyneside, England. It is on the system’s Yellow line, but was originally on the Green line prior to the South Shields and South Hylton services being swapped over. The station opened in 1984, as part of the final stage of the original Metro system, although it replaced an earlier railway station on the same site which opened in 1872.
Jarrow is situated on a single line section, but has a long passing loop for Metro services and therefore two platforms. On the north side of the station is a single-track Network Rail freight line, now used only by oil trains to the Jarrow oil terminal, but when the Metro first opened there was a small yard here with private sidings going off.
A low relief sculpture entitled ‘Jarrow March’ by Vince Rea is installed in the station.